The first event in the Manawatu Moonlight Madness series takes place in Palmerston North, starting at the Paneiri Park parking area at the river end of Maxwell’s Line.
The New Moon Shenanigans route will be an exciting jaunt starting at Paneiri Park and running next to the Manawatu river along dirt roads and bushy sections. This year the longer courses will also head out across the new He Ara Kotahi bridge, so don’t miss out!
All finishers receive a high-quality, metal finishers medal. Do all events and collect all three the medals in the series!
- The route is not illuminated – all participants must wear either a headlamp or have a good handheld flashlight.
- A backup light source is strongly recommended, in case your main light dies during the event.
- Additional recommended items:
- a whistle
- trail shoes
- warm/waterproof clothing depending on conditions.
- All children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
Approximate distance options:
- Long course = 10 km
- Medium course = 5-6km
- Short course = 3km
- Entries available online or on the day (before the start, between 5:15 and 6:15pm).
- Single event pre-entry fee (per event):
- Adults: $15.00
- Teens (12-18 years): $10.00
- Kids under 12: $5.00
- Series pre-entry fee (includes entry to all 3 events in the series):
- Adults: $40.00
- Teens (12-18 years): $25.00
- Kids under 12: $12.00
- On-the-day entries incur a $5 late fee.